Friday 22 April 2016

NaPoWriMo! - Day 22

Okay, so I guess it's technically day 23 for me now, since I've stayed up far too late, but I'm just calling this day 22 anyway.

I wasn't really inspired for this Earth Day prompt. Is it more of a big thing in America? Because I didn't do Earth Day and I only knew about it because it was the Google image for today. It's that thing where you turn your lights off for an hour, and basically just use torches instead right? I think you'd get a larger audience if you framed it as a medieval reenaction instead.

Anyway, poem!


The Futile Sands

No-one comes here anymore.
The sands lay silent,
Contaminated.

Isn't it hypocritical
That the ones that ruined this place
Are the first to abandon it for being ugly.

A girl, the only one who comes anymore,
Stands on the golden sands.
Trying to make it nice again.

She knows it's a futile task.
And that even if she succeeds
History will just repeat itself.

But she doesn't care.
She cares for the fish, and the animals
Who care a lot, but can't do anything.

And if she can't clean all of it.
At least she's cleaned some of it.
And that's better than nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment