Thursday 7 April 2016

NaPoWriMo! Days 1-7

As I said, I'm doing NaPoWriMo, and I only found out today, so I've got seven poems to post today.

I'll try to do as many prompts as I can, but I won't do all of them, simply because some just don't inspire me. I'll make sure to definitely do the structure prompts though.

That said, here are the poems!



Day 1 – Lune

Off to See the Sea

Off to see the sea
The crashing
Waves of excitement

Off to see the sand
The soft rain
Through your damp bare feet

Off to see the pier
Land of fun
Or just tacky toys

Off to go relax
Sleep too long
Forget all the work

Off on holiday
To never
Want it to finish.

Off to see the sea.

Day 2 – Off theme

Silence

Silence is an odd thing.
You think you desire it, sometimes
But then, you find
You don’t want silence at all.

You do things, to fill the silence
But it never really goes
It’s just hiding
Waiting for the sound to die.

They say silence is golden
But it’s fool’s gold.
You think it’s precious
Then you realise that it’s not.

Because silence is emptiness
It’s a lack of sound
It makes you feel empty
Like there’s something missing.

I’ve never liked silence.

Day 3 – Off Theme (Haiku)

Spring is bounding in
The flowers growing quickly
Bursting with new life

Day 4 – The Cruellest Month

28 Days of Mediocrity

The holidays are long gone
Papers long unwrapped,
Sweets mostly eaten.
But it’s not yet spring.

All the snow has melted
Leaving behind cold winds
That bite like wild hounds
And the frost that chills your bones

Spring hasn’t arrived yet
The branches are bare and ghostly
The grass lays limp
The flowerbeds lay empty

And it’s a month of mediocrity
In a sea of better times
This is the month of waiting
Walking through cold mud

Is not February the cruellest month?
The month that makes you wait
For things to actually happen
No wonder it’s only 28 days.

Day 5 – Flowers

The Rainbow of the Garden

There’s a rainbow in the garden
The scarlet flax and the bluebells bright
Making a wilderness of pure colour
That I’d never want to leave.
There’s a paint box in the garden
From forget-me-nots to four o’clocks
A landscape picture, that I’d never be able to paint
For it is purely natural, purely chance.
And as I step down the path
The larkspur’s pale blue
Sweetens the tone
Muted, yet beautiful.
And I get lost,
Yet I somehow don’t care
For if you’re enjoying every moment
Are you really lost?

Day 6 – Food

Cupcake Sweet

A blanket of chocolate, pure sweetness
Covers a fluffy cloud, the sweet cake.
Hidden in a paper case,
Pure joy waiting inside.

By its side, is a purely clear glass.
Filled with bright purple,
Sweetness in every last drop.
Waiting to touch my tongue.

An afternoon snack,
To be eaten in the sun,
Watching the birds fly around
Homemade cupcakes are the best.

Day 7 – Tritina

Rainbow Tritina

Every colour of a rainbow
Despite the grey and rain
Makes the sky so bright.

With the white light so bright
Comes the rainbow
From refracting through the rain.

And if ends the rain
And the sky can make itself bright
Then comes the end of the rainbow


But I’ll look out the window when it rains, waiting for the bright rainbow.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your poem for Day 5. It reminded me of the book Secret Garden. Also, my back yard growing up was filled with Four o'clocks every spring.
    I also liked your lunes and your haiku. I tend to play catch up on NaPoWriMo like this too!

    ReplyDelete