Tuesday 26 April 2016

NaPoWriMo! - Day 26

Hi there! I didn't really like the prompt, so I ended up putting my own spin on it, and writing about a call and response where there isn't a response. I tried to turn it into a self-parody at the end, since I just suddenly thought of how crazy it would look if you were just calling into an empty room and expecting a response.

Calling Into Empty Rooms

I call out for an echo.
Yet none comes back to me.
I call out, to hear the sound.
But sound is a long lost dream.

A silent cry,
From a crowd long gone.
Mine, the only sound.
That fills a room.

Call and response,
But the response's long gone.
So simply a call, a call alone
A call for a silent echo.

Maybe I should stop
Calling into empty rooms.
Especially when people in this room
Are looking at me kind of weirdly.

What?

1 comment: