Monday 25 April 2016

NaPoWriMo! - Day 25

Five days left on my poetry writing adventure (don't worry, I've got stuff lined up for afterwards - it's more prose those, since I prefer that), and today the prompt is to start with the opening line of a different poem, and split off from there. For this, I chose one of my favourite poems, The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost.


Two Roads Home

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood.
I had travelled down both, many a time.
It was really a matter of choice.
Which road I took to get home.

One was clearly the prettier.
With flowers bright in the sun.
But that was by far the longer road.
And not to be taken in a rush.

The other was by far shorter,
But dark, and somewhat desolate.
It is not a road you'd travel alone,
Especially not at night.

For that road always had a touch of mystery;
The idea that there could be more there.
Maybe it was the shadows.
Or maybe it was something more.

I've taken both roads many a time.
But I must say I prefer the left.
For prettiness is nice and all,
But sometimes, you want to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment