Sunday 24 April 2016

NaPoWriMo! - Days 23-24

I have to admit that the two themes for these two days didn't really inspire me that much. I gave up sonnets back in high school, and I couldn't really be bothered to faff around with my vocabulary to hope to make something decent. So instead I'm going to use a couple of prompts from the 2015 NaPoWriMo. The first one will be about bridges. I don't know why. I just feel that'd be cool.

Rope Bridge Between Us

There's not so far, between him and me.
And I could easily get there if I wanted to.
After all, the bridge will let me pass.
If I wasn't so scared to.

The bridge is far too scary though.
Made of rope, with minimal support.
The ropes are starting to wear thin.
Too thin for my liking.

I know that people use it everyday.
People, much taller and larger than I.
And they're not scared of the rope bridge.
But I guess I'm not that courageous.

I promise, that some day,
When years go by,
I'll gather my strength, to cross the rope bridge.
And then... I'll be with you again.

The second prompt that I'm borrowing is the idea of having poem that only contains dialogue. I kind of cheated at the end, but I think it's for the best.

Goodbye

"It's over."
"No, it can't be."
"You've done this for too long."
"That doesn't mean you have to leave me."

"Yes it does. I can't take this any more."
"But we'll still see each other... around?"
"I really don't want to. I don't want to see you again."
"But... please..."

"No. I'm not discussing it."
"You're not even giving me a chance."
"You've had more than enough chances."
"Please, just one more, I can change!"

"Goodbye."
"I'll never say goodbye."

Too bad, because I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment