Tuesday 12 April 2016

NaPoWriMo - Days 11-12

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't do the poem for yesterday. I'd say it's because I had a lot of homework, which I do, but it's mainly because I am highly skilled in the art of procrastinating. Anyway, let's get to the poems.




The theme for Day 11 was to have a surprise ending! In case you're wondering where I'm getting all these themes from, I'm doing the NaPoWriMo from http://www.napowrimo.net/, which is giving me a theme each day. Believe me, I couldn't make these up myself! And with that, the first poem:

The Book

A white book,
Covered in paper lines,
And letters trying to be cool.

Various colours of pen inside,
People who I'll never see again,
And messages for the sake of words.

The typed words at the side ignored.
Because they're not what
They wanted to say, or I wanted to hear.

The shining metal rings
May be trying to come undone
But they're the only thing that binds it together.

Half the pages are empty
But I don't mind
It's full enough for me.

And if I read it, it'll mean I've finally accepted it's the end.

The theme for Day 12 is an index. Either reading one, or making a poem like it's an index.

The Strange Index


I was looking in an index,
I'm not sure why.
Sometimes I'll read anything.
But I saw something interesting.
Or maybe several things.

An abacus, maybe one made of sand.
Animals, and their energy
An atmosphere, one of a hollow Earth
And the Autumn equinox.

Babies: self recognition
Though birds seem to lack it.
James Bond, and box jellyfish
And the waggle dance of bees.

And these are just the first two letters.
I'm kind of worried to go on,
I'd hoped some day, to read this book.
But maybe... not... today...

In case anyone's wondering, that poem's based off the index of the book "Question Everything" that I got a while back from an extremely close friend, but somehow haven't gotten round to reading, even though I love books like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment