Saturday 30 April 2016

NaPoWriMo! - Days 28-30

So, this is the final day for NaPoWriMo, and I've got three poems to write. On Thursday, I just didn't feel inspired, yesterday I was busy, and I'm writing them today. So I hope you enjoy these poems.

By the way, I'm not planning on abandoning this blog once NaPoWriMo is over, but I'm probably going to write more prose, just because that's what I find more interesting to write. It may be short stories, but I've also got a longer story I've been planning for a while.

For day 27, the prompt was to tell a backwards story, so I decided on doing quite a short poem on the end of the universe. I'm pretty sure the science isn't exactly accurate, and it's rather short, but I like it.

How To End The Universe

The universe was a quiet emptiness.
The stars faded into nothing alone.
The planets and asteroids floated away,
The gravity not there to hold them.

He pressed the red button.
People told him it'd lessen gravity, so he could fly.
The scientists analysed it for days.
A red button appeared.

I didn't really like the prompts for the other two days, the first one because... reasons, and the second one because I just general don't like languages, and the only language I can speak is decisively mediocre French. Oh, and English.

Hall Of Mirrors

I've never liked the feeling of being trapped.
And I just want to get out of this maze.
I know if I called, I could leave at any time.
But I have to get through this.

You can't see where there even is a path.
This place would turn you slowly insane
If you stayed here for much longer.
So I need to find my way out.

My face is on every wall.
And there's no-one else around.
I'm claustrophic, I need to get out.
Out of this maze of mirrors.

The Night Owl

Why do I feel wide awake,
When it comes to the middle of the night.
Yet still desiring sleep,
When the sun rises up?

Is it a desire to see
A world most leave behind
Too busy in another world,
Their world of dreaming.

Or is it just a way of avoiding
The stress of days coming
And the fact that in the mornings
You have far too much to do.

Or am I just a night owl,
Someone who likes the dark.
Because the dark is like a blanket
Covering up my fears.

Or am I just a procrastinator
In everything I do?
I procrastinate when it comes to sleep
And waking up too.

Either way, the clock will strike
And midnight will come again.
But I will not be asleep again.
Just awake, waiting for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment